A lot of you have loved these posts when we’ve shared them in the past. So back by popular demand: the funny things kids say in letters!
As sponsors, we try to write encouraging letters to our sponsored children. We never know the impact our words can have on our sponsored child or when a letter will make their day.
Likewise, our sponsored children may not know how much a line from one of their letters will brighten up our day! One of the many ways this can happen is when something they say makes us laugh. Sometimes it’s their endearing innocence; other times it’s cultural differences or phrases lost in translation. No matter the reason, we love celebrating what makes each child unique and appreciating the personal connections we get to share with them!
We recently asked sponsors to submit funny lines from letters their sponsored children sent them. The quotes below are a compilation of those sponsors’ replies, as well as some classics.
Hopefully this makes your day a little sweeter!
- “Please pray that my mom and dad will let me play the tambourine.”
- “May God bless you and your family anyway what’s your hobby?”
- “Are there any wicked animals in your area?”
- “My favorite animal: the ant.”
- “Do you watch TV in English?”
- In response to stickers and flashcards the sponsor sent them about dinosaurs: “You have very scary pets, in Togo we only have cats and dogs!”
- “I don’t like pizza because I don’t like pineapple and ham.”
- “Come sleep on the green grass in front of my home. You would really like it.”
- “I prayed for you yesterday. I’m not going to pray for you today, but I’ll pray for you tomorrow.”
- “I like your picture with Mickey Mouse! I didn’t know he was real!”
- In response to a sponsor’s family photo: “You have a beautiful family. Who is that baby?”
- “I have very enjoyed the flowers in the photo of your husband.”
- “Do you have a goat?” The sponsor wrote back, “No.” “Then I will pray for you every day that God will provide you with a goat.”
- “I saw the soccer World Cup in South Africa on television. You told me your husband can play soccer very well so I think I saw him play!”
- “Have you ever been to a park? There are bars called monkey bars but you can go on them even if you are not a monkey.”
- “That is so nice that you have a dog. I have never had a dog before. Are they good to eat?”
- “Thank you for the pictures of Japanese food. Udon looks like tapeworms. You shouldn’t eat tapeworms.”
- "I pray that you have long lips."
- “My family was able to buy a cow. I hope one day you can visit and help milk it.”
- The sponsor shared how there are a lot of frogs in her yard. "Wow! I didn't know you could raise frogs!"
- “I drew you a box.”
- In response to a sponsor sharing she had recently had a baby: "Thank you for producing a child."
- “What insects do you eat?”
- At the close of a letter: “Enough for today.”
- “Have you had any icebergs in Georgia this winter?”