Join us for a free, fun and interactive tour
We conduct tours Monday through Friday at 10 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. Registration is not required, and tours last one hour.
For large groups, children’s tours, youth or school groups, please call (719) 487-7000 at least one week in advance to reserve space for a private tour.
Directions to Compassion International From Downtown Colorado Springs
- Take 1-25 north to exit 153, Interquest Parkway.
- Take Interquest Parkway east to Voyager Parkway.
- Go north (left) on Voyager Parkway 1.5 miles to Compassion, located on the left side of the road.
- Watch for the Compassion sign and then turn left just before the Ministry Center.
- Follow signs to visitor parking. The entrance to Compassion is on the west side of building by the flagpoles.
What Will I See on a Tour of Compassion International?
Many of us never travel to impoverished countries. A tour of our Global Ministry Center brings the developing world to you. On our tour, you will:
- Walk into a child development center that looks just like the ones in the many countries we serve. You'll see, hear and feel what children in our programs experience.
- Discover the reality of poverty as you look inside a replica of a typical home in a developing country; impossibly small, humble and vulnerable, this home paints a picture of what children in need face each day.
- Learn how we partner with thousands of local churches in developing countries to release children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty — all in the name of Jesus.
- See how relationships are being built through letters — sponsored child to sponsor to sponsored child again.
- Visit our distribution center, the second largest in Colorado Springs, to see how hundreds of thousands of letters are processed each year.
- Enjoy colorful artwork and unique toys handmade by children at our church-led child development centers.
- Understand what it means to step out of desperation and have hope come alive.
We Also Have a Free Summertime Activity for Families
During our free half-day interactive event held on select dates in June, July and August your family will:
- Search for clean water, gather firewood and find materials for shelter as you learn about the daily struggles of children growing up in poverty.
- Enjoy other activities including: playing with handcrafted toys and learning songs in other languages.
- Meet children who are a part of our Child Sponsorship Program as you "visit" a Compassion-assisted child development center and share questions through a live video stream.