Compassion — A Christian Charity for Children in Need
How does Compassion, a Christian charity, rescue children living in poverty?
Compassion, a Christian charity, releases children from poverty in Jesus’ name. As the leading Christian charity for children in need, Compassion is changing the world — one child at a time. At the heart of our mission is our Child Sponsorship Program through which children living in poverty receive:
- nutritional support
- medical care
- educational opportunities
- Christian training and much more
This life-changing Christian charity began in 1952 with the Rev. Everett Swanson, when he began providing Korean War orphans with food, shelter, education and health care as well as Christian training. Today, Compassion has grown into a world-leading Christian charity for child development! We now offer lifesaving assistance to millions of children in the developing world.
What makes Compassion’s Christian charity unique?
Compassion’s goal as a Christian charity is to help children in need become fulfilled Christian adults. Our approach is unique because we are:
- Christ centered. Each child has an opportunity to hear the gospel.
- Child focused. Engaging each child as a complete person, we treat children like we’d want our own children treated.
- Church based. We partner with churches, parents and communities to teach, train and mentor children.
How can I help a Christian charity like Compassion rescue children in need?
Sponsoring a child through a Christian charity like Compassion is one of the easiest and most effective ways to make a difference. Compassion’s children’s ministry is ready to match you with a child in need for just $38 a month!