Child Development: What makes Compassion’s approach so successful?
Compassion’s Child Development Ministry — A complete approach.
Child development — the process of children growing physically, socially and cognitively — plays a central role as children strive to become thriving adults. The effects of poverty often stunt child development. Diseases, malnutrition and contaminated water and environments can destroy a child’s opportunity for healthy development. When children are forced to fight these variables, particularly during early child development, they are less likely to fully develop socially, mentally or spiritually.
It is Compassion’s desire to help children in need grow into healthy, educated, confident adults, ready to serve God and others. By focusing on all stages of child development, Compassion is changing the world — one child at time. Compassion’s holistic child development ministry serves children in a variety of areas — spiritually, economically, socially and physically.
How can I help Compassion offer complete child development?
Sponsor a child today! Through Compassion’s holistic approach to all stages of child development, your sponsored child will receive:
- The opportunity to be healthy. Your sponsored child will receive health care as needed and learn about hygiene and health. Many Compassion children also receive supplementary food, water and vitamins. Physical health is essential to successful child development.
- The opportunity to receive an education. Depending on the need, your sponsorship helps pay for school fees, clothing, supplies and tutoring.
- The opportunity to develop self-confidence and social skills. Your child will be part of a church-based program where Christian adults offer love, guidance and personal attention, which encourages the social aspect of child development.
- The opportunity to learn about the love of Jesus. Your Compassion child will be given hope as the gospel is shared and will learn about the Bible, an essential key to spiritual development.
- The opportunity to build a special relationship with you. You have the opportunity to get to know your child as you write letters to one another! Knowing that you care will play a key role in your child’s development.
Compassion is ready to match you with a child in need. Offer a child the basic necessities of life and the opportunity to flourish in all stages of child development.
Partner with Compassion to offer children holistic child development!