Compassion International has been working around the globe since 1952. We understand that God’s calling to go to the “ends of the earth” is not a figure of speech.
We want to connect sponsors and partners in the developed world with children in the developing world. A lot of the time that connection happens through photos, letters and prayers. But sometimes, it happens in person. We love when it happens in person!
The Compassion Difference
On a Compassion sponsor trip, you won’t see a representation of another culture. You will experience that culture first-hand. And it will change your life.
Compassion trips provide a unique opportunity because of our focus on one-to-one relationship through sponsorship. Part of that deep connection is the prospect of traveling on a world-class, safe and guided experience to your child’s world. We do everything to ensure your health and safety on a Compassion trip, and our staff has gone through extensive training to make sure you have an incredible experience.
These detailed, authentic and immersive trips bring you to the villages, the neighborhoods, the backyards of children living in extreme poverty — and then give you the chance to have your life changed by all that you see, taste and do.
When you are on a Compassion trip, you will ...
- Explore a rich and diverse culture full of new foods, sounds and experiences.
- Visit the homes of children and families whose lives have been transformed.
- Meet the Compassion staff members and frontline church partners who make a daily difference in the lives of children.
- Be immersed in the lives of children we serve — you will play games, share meals, give hugs and live life with these precious children!
- Serve a meal to children at a center, fulfill a practical need within the local community and empower the Church.
- Be challenged to understand a world outside of yourself that opens your heart and mind to your role as a sponsor, advocate and partner with Compassion.
Compassion trips intentionally place you in areas where the need is real and the impact is life-changing. With the expert leadership of seasoned, country staff, we travel around the globe safely and with purpose. We have studied and observed that the impact of your personal visit encourages children to stay in school and connect more deeply through letter writing, and builds hope into their futures. Children thrive under the influence of a loving community.
Joining a sponsor trip demonstrates a lasting commitment and profound value to the heart of your child! When determining whether to give financial gifts or visit in person, know that both have wonderful outcomes. However, the immeasurable gift of meeting your child is an indescribable experience … for both you and your child. One so rewarding that you might not be able to resist!