1. Add the flour, yeast and salt to a large bowl and mix together.
2. In a separate bowl, dissolve the honey in the warm water. Then pour the honey water into the flour mixture.
3. Add the spices and oil to the mixture. Using a spoon, mix the ingredients together thoroughly to create a sticky dough.
4. Line a baking pan* with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the pan and cover for 20 minutes to let rise.
5. Preheat an oven to 390°F. Uncover and bake the dough for 40 minutes. Serve warm with coffee or tea.
*In Ethiopia, the loaves are generally much larger to share among many people. Ethiopians, like the woman in the photo cutting dabo outside a Compassion center, bake the bread in large round pans or cooking pots lined with foil. For this recipe, a 9x5" loaf pan, either greased or lined with parchment paper, works well.