Sponsor a Child in Peru
These children from Peru urgently need a sponsor. Which one calls out to you?
Peru in Brief
Peru has more than 29 million inhabitants, making it the fourth most populous nation in South America. Although poverty is more deeply entrenched in remote rural areas, the majority of Peru's poor people live in and around Lima, the capital.
- More than half the country's people exist below the poverty line.
- Rural poverty has its roots in high rates of illiteracy, particularly among women.
- Over 37 percent of the population survives on less than U.S.$2 a day.
Please sponsor a child in Peru right away!
Changing the world for a child in Peru doesn't take much. Through Compassion for only $38 a month, you can sponsor a child in Peru who will receive:
- dental checkups and lessons in hygiene
- health care and nutritious food supplements
- opportunities to learn job skills important for the local economy
- a place to play and learn in safe surroundings
- the hope that comes only from Christ and the chance to build a deeper relationship with the Father
Your sponsored child also will have regular communication directly with you. Through sharing cards, letters, prayers and gifts with the child you sponsor, you give a child the blessing of knowing that someone a world away is thinking about and praying just for him or her.
So sponsor a child in Peru right now. It takes only a few moments and you will be changing a life forever. To get started, simply click on the child photo that touches you most.