Sponsor a Child in Nicaragua
A Few Facts About Nicaragua
While Nicaragua is the largest nation in Central America, it is also the least densely populated with 5.8 million people. It is the second-poorest country in Latin America, after Haiti.
- Unemployment averages around 12 percent for the country as a whole, but exceeds 20 percent among poor rural families.
- Eighty percent of the population survives on less than U.S.$2 a day.
- More than half of extremely poor people in rural areas and a third in urban areas are illiterate.
- Rural areas contain 63 percent of the poor and 78 percent of the extremely poor.
Please sponsor a child in Nicaragua today!
We're not asking you to change the world. But we are asking you to change the world of a child in need. You can do this for a child in Nicaragua for just $38 a month through Compassion. Your sponsorship helps provide:
- clean water
- health care and nutritious food
- education and recreation in a safe environment
- job and life-skills training important to the region
- the opportunity to hear about Jesus and develop a lifelong relationship with Him
Sponsorship comes with the added bonus of giving you the opportunity to communicate directly with your sponsored child through regular correspondence! By sharing letters, photos, prayers and hopes, you will not only build a lifelong bond, but also bless each other immeasurably.
So please, sponsor a child in Nicaragua right now. It takes only a few moments, but the rewards will last a lifetime. Start your own life-changing journey by clicking on the photo of a Nicaraguan child you would like to sponsor.