Sponsor a Child in Honduras
Every photo on this page shows a child from Honduras who needs a sponsor without delay. Which one speaks to your heart?
In 1506, Christopher Columbus landed in Honduras and named it for the deep waters off the Caribbean coast. It is the second-poorest country in Central America, after Nicaragua, and one of the poorest nations in the Western Hemisphere.
- Poverty stems largely from a lack of access to land to farm, along with a vulnerable environment and low agricultural productivity.
- About 86 percent of the extremely poor people in Honduras live in rural areas.
- Although on the decline, chronic malnutrition in children through age 5 is still around 30 percent.
Please sponsor a child in Honduras!
You can give a child in Honduras the gift of hope. When you sponsor a child in Honduras through Compassion for $38 a month, your sponsored child will receive:
- clean water and nourishing food
- regular dental checkups
- critical health care
- training in job skills important to the region
- safe and healthy recreation
- opportunities to know Christ and grow in faith
You will be this child's only sponsor, giving you the opportunity to write back and forth and build a life-changing bond! The child you sponsor will be blessed beyond measure, as will you.
So please, take a few moments right now to sponsor a child in Honduras. Look over the photos on this page. Ask the Lord which child He would like to bless through you. Changing a life takes only a few moments … but the rewards last for eternity.