Sponsor a Child in Haiti
These Haitian children desperately need a sponsor. Which one touches your heart?
Some basic information about life in Haiti
Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, with 80 percent of the population living below the poverty line. Frequent storms and hurricanes in the fall take a severe toll on the people of Haiti, making conditions there even worse.
- Of Haiti's 8.9 million inhabitants, nearly half are illiterate.
- About 78 percent of the workers in Haiti earn less than U.S.$2 a day.
- The country has experienced little formal job growth over the past decade.
Please sponsor a child in Haiti today!
Poverty strips Haitian children of so many things, including hope.
You can be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ to a child in Haiti through Compassion. For just $38 a month, you can sponsor a child in Haiti who will receive:
- health care and nutritional food supplements
- clean drinking water
- job-skills training important to the local economy
- the opportunity to play and learn in a safe, clean environment
- spiritual training and the chance to receive Jesus Christ as Savior
Children love making new friends. That's why when you become a child's sponsor, you will be able to write back and forth to share thoughts, prayers, hopes and dreams. And one day, you could even meet your sponsored child during a sponsor tour — truly a moving experience!
So please, take the time to sponsor a child in Haiti right now. It will be a life-changing experience for you and the child you choose to sponsor. Simply click on the photo of the child you want to sponsor and request a child sponsorship packet!