Sponsor a Child in Guatemala
Any of the children pictured here would be overjoyed if you chose them to be their sponsor!
Guatemala at a Glance
Before winning its independence in 1821, Guatemala spent nearly three centuries as a Spanish colony. Poverty in Guatemala is widespread, but is more highly concentrated in rural areas and among people in indigenous communities.
- About 56 percent of the country's households live below the poverty line.
- Illiteracy and lack of education help perpetuate poverty in Guatemala.
- Nearly 38 percent of the population earns less than U.S. $2 a day.
Please sponsor a child in Guatemala without delay!
You can change the life of a Guatemalan child in need for only $38 a month. Along with health care and job-skills training, your Compassion-sponsored child will receive:
- food and nutritional supplements
- clean water
- opportunities to play and learn in a safe environment
- a Christ-centered education
- spiritual training and the opportunity to develop a closer relationship with Christ
As a child sponsor, you will receive regular letters from your sponsored child. Not only will the child be blessed by your repeated correspondence, but you will be, too!
So please, sponsor a child from Guatemala right now. The cost is low, the rewards are high, and a life will be changed for the better. Pray first, then click on the child photo God is leading you to. It's a life-changing experience that won't soon be forgotten.