Sponsor a Child in Ethiopia
You have the power to change the life of a child in Ethiopia. Start by clicking on a photo.
Ethiopia at a Glance
Ethiopia is one of the poorest nations on the globe, with more than half of the population living in poverty. Frequent droughts leave poor farming families without food crops, causing periodic famines.
- More than 80 percent of the population earns less than U.S. $2 a day.
- Ethiopia has only one medical doctor per 100,000 people.
- Just over 8 percent of babies die during or soon after birth.
- HIV and AIDS exacerbate poverty by taking the lives of young adults, who are most productive for society.
Sponsor a child in Ethiopia today!
You can offer the hope of Jesus Christ to a child in Ethiopia through Compassion. For just $38 a month, you can sponsor a child in Ethiopia who will receive:
- clean water and much-needed food
- nutritional supplements and health care
- job-skills training
- recreation in a safe and clean environment
- the opportunity to learn about God's love and receive Jesus Christ as their Savior
One of the more meaningful aspects of sponsoring a child through Compassion is the opportunity to develop a deep relationship with the child you sponsor. Through the cards, letters and photos you exchange, you will be blessed while the child will know that someone a world away thinks about and cares for him or her!
Please, take the time to sponsor a child in Ethiopia today. Click on any of the child photos to learn more. You can change forever for a child. It all starts with a single click.