Sponsor a Child in El Salvador
Each of the photos on this page shows a child in the Dominican Republic who needs a sponsor right away. Which child will you choose to sponsor?
About the Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic shares the island of Hispaniola with Haiti, making it one of only two islands in the Caribbean occupied by two countries. Like its nearest neighbor, it is subject to destructive storms throughout the summer and early fall.
- One-third of Dominican children never complete their elementary school education.
- About 42 percent of Dominicans are considered poor, and 16 percent of those live in extreme poverty.
- Ravaged by several recent hurricanes, the damage is severely hurting the country's many poor families.
Please sponsor a child in the Dominican Republic today!
You can give a child in the Dominican Republic a new beginning for just $38 a month. Your Compassion sponsorship provides the child you choose with:
- clean water, food and nutritional supplements
- critical health care
- opportunities to learn in a clean and safe environment
- mentoring, to help kids reach their full potential in Christ
- Bible training and daily exposure to our loving and caring God
The child you choose to sponsor will know your name! You will develop a close relationship with the child as you pray for each other and exchange letters and photos.
So please, take the loving step and sponsor a child in theDominican Republictoday. Just click on the child you want to sponsor and request a child sponsorship packet! It will be a life-changing experience for you and for your sponsored child.