Sponsor a Child in Colombia
Take a close look at the Colombian children pictured on this page. One of them could change your life!
Life in Colombia
With a population just over 45 million, Colombia is the third-most-populous country in South America. While most South American countries struggle with inequality, poverty or violence, Colombia is plagued by all three.
- The poverty rate for rural dwellers in Colombia is estimated at 80 percent.
- Seventeen percent of the population lives on less than U.S. $2 a day, and 7 percent survives on less than $1 a day.
- Within the population 72 percent have access to potable water, but only 25 percent have access to sewage treatment services.
Will you sponsor a child in Colombia?
Please open your heart and share Jesus' love with a child in Colombia. For only $38 a month, you can sponsor a child in Colombia. The support you send through Compassion provides:
- social development
- health and dental care
- learning and recreation in a safe environment
- food and nutritional supplements
- opportunities to know Christ and grow in faith
When you sponsor a child in Colombia, you are that child's only sponsor. Your child will write to you and pray for you. And that child will receive the blessing of knowing that someone a world away is doing the same for him or her.
So please, take a moment to look over all of the photos and choose the child in Colombia you want to sponsor and bless.