Compassion International values the support of its donors, who give generously to help children in need. Unfortunately, criminals sometimes prey on that generosity.
We want to protect our supporters and vendors from such scams. Before you provide any information online, be sure you know it’s Compassion. Here are some tips you can use to protect yourself:
- The website for Compassion in the United States is compassion.com. We have taken every step to ensure the private information of our donors.
- If you have any doubt, type www.compassion.com directly into your browser.
- If you have any questions, please contact us here.
In addition, below is some information regarding recent scams that we have been aware of using Compassion’s name:
- June 2023 - We have received reports of a website selling expensive “designer Bibles” while indicating they have a relationship with Compassion International. The website includes promises to donate toward our ministry with purchase proceeds. However, our relationship with this company and its affiliates is misrepresented. Compassion International is not affiliated with any organization offering limited-edition Bibles nor does Compassion International receive a portion of sales donated by this website.
- August 2021 - We have received reports of unidentified individuals reaching out to vendors in Compassion’s name in an attempt to fraudulently procure goods from those vendors. In their attempt, they are using the title Senior Procurement Officer, a role that does not exist within Compassion.