Giving after your lifetime means your gift will touch the lives of children who desperately need to know the love and grace of Jesus Christ. You will help make the children whole, so they can impact their communities in God-honoring ways. You can use Trusts to reduce taxes and, if you choose, provide ongoing payments to yourself or loved ones.
Charitable Lead Trust
This type of Trust is designed to provide charities with current income from the Trust in the form of interest and asset appreciation payouts. After a specified period (or at death), the balance of the Trust is transferred back to your beneficiaries. This offers the current benefit of donations to charity, and the reduction of taxable income for your beneficiaries.
Charitable Remainder Trust
With this type of Trust, you provide assets to the Trust which pays an income to you or anyone you choose. You can designate payments for a certain period of time (up to 20 years) or for your lifetime(s). When the last person receiving payments passes away, the remaining balance of the trust is donated to Compassion.
You’ll receive income and save on taxes immediately, while helping the children in the years to come.
- Trusts are initiated by you, with the assistance of a Trust attorney.
- A Trust document is authored, which directs your appointed Trustee regarding the management and disbursements of the Trust.
- No upfront capital gains tax is due when you give unmortgaged appreciated assets to the Trust.
- You will gain the enduring satisfaction of making a major commitment to our important work.
Revocable Living Trust
Gifting to Compassion through a Revocable Living Trust lets you take care of the people and causes you love and then give in a variety of ways. You can give a designated amount or provide a percentage of your estate.
Revocable Living Trusts are one of the simplest ways to donate to Compassion. It offers significant flexibility because you can change your mind at any time.
For more details, download the PDF on Revocable Living Trusts.
Your Next Steps
- Download information on planned giving through Charitable Remainder Trusts and Revocable Living Trusts.
- Assess your current and long-term financial goals with our free personal estate planning tool.
- Contact the Gift Planning Department at (855) 315-5019 or email@example.com to discuss ways to become a Legacy Donor.
- View sample bequest language that can be used for your will or trust.
- Seek the advice of your financial and legal professional advisors.
- If you include Compassion in your estate plans, use our legal name and Federal Tax ID.
Legal Name: Compassion International Inc.
Address: 12290 Voyager Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80921-3668
Federal Tax ID Number: 36-2423707
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.