Compassion Sunday is a worship service that blends faith and action—a formula for spiritual growth from James 2:17.
Your pastor teaches a biblical concept and the practical application is Compassion’s child sponsorship
One outcome for a Compassion Sunday is to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name by finding sponsors for the children.
Another equally important outcome is to provide a way for church attenders to put biblical principles into action.
A third outcome is to expose global needs to the next generation so that they can embrace their purpose as they are on God’s mission.
THE ROLE OF EVENT ORGANIZER
This person will request and receive materials from Compassion for promotion, presentation and sign-up for child sponsorship. This person generates momentum in the church for Compassion Sunday and is the overall champion and organizer of the event.
What to expect
- A free 15-minute coaching call to help you plan your Compassion Sunday event.
- One week prior to your event you will receive child packets of children needing sponsors. Please display these during your event.
- No expenses. We provide promotional materials, event collateral and pre-paid mailing labels for event close-out.
- Freedom to decide what your Compassion presentation will be like: how long, what date, who presents. If this is your first Compassion Sunday, you may always default to our suggestions.
- Work with church staff to promote Compassion Sunday at your church
- Set up the child packet display before event day
- Answer questions at the child packet display during event
- Assist as needed during the sign-up process
- An audio/visual technician to play a Compassion video if you choose to incorporate this into your presentation
- Consider being the point of contact to bring Compassion Sunday to your church. The Pastor’s Guide provides insider details and helps you articulate the vision with your pastor. Take a sneak peak now.
- Collaborate with decision-makers at your church to determine an event date and add it to your church calendar.
- Tell us your Compassion Sunday event date through one of the following options:
- Reply to the person who invited you to this page, or
- Email [email protected], or
- Call 866-607-5162 to speak with a Church Engagement team member
- Provide your name, email, phone, church name (and city, state), event date.
- With great enthusiasm we’ll respond to you and get the ball rolling!