Sponsor a Child in Uganda
Demonstrate the love of Christ to a Ugandan child!
Spotlight on Uganda
The Republic of Uganda is a landlocked country in eastern Africa where agriculture is the most important sector of the economy, employing more than 80 percent of the work force. Although the number of people living in poverty decreased from 56 percent in 1992 to 31 percent more recently, poverty remains extremely high in rural areas and in northern and eastern Uganda.
- Most Ugandans need to work two or three jobs simply to survive.
- Nearly 70 percent of Uganda's population lives on less than U.S.$1 a day.
- Medical care is scant, with only four doctors and 28 nurses per 100,000 people.
Please lend a helping hand and sponsor a child in Uganda today!
Children hold a special place in the heart of Christ. You can bring the hope that comes only from Jesus Christ to a child in Uganda for just $38 a month. Your Compassion sponsorship will provide the child you choose with:
- critical health care
- healthful food, nutritional supplements and clean water
- job-skills training important to the local community's economy
- safe recreation and learning opportunities in a church-based program
- most important, your sponsored child will learn about God's love and grace
You are a child's only sponsor. As you exchange letters and photos, you will form a bond that can last an eternity!
Please sponsor a child in Uganda right now. It's an incredible opportunity to demonstrate the heart of Christ to a child living in unthinkable poverty.
Children in Uganda are waiting for sponsors right now. So please, take a moment to pray, then look over the photos on this page and click on the child God is leading you to sponsor. It's a decision that can change the lives of two incredible people — you and the child you sponsor!