Sponsor a Child in Togo
Contemporary facts about Togo
French Togoland became Togo in 1960. After years of political unrest and criticism for human rights abuses, conditions have improved and the nation is being welcomed back into the international community.
- Thirty-two percent of the population of nearly 5.9 million lives below the poverty line.
- Nearly half of the population is illiterate.
- Poor people are especially susceptible to diseases such as hepatitis A, typhoid fever, malaria and yellow fever.
- One-quarter of the children are malnourished or underweight.
Please sponsor a child in Togo today!
Reach across the globe and give the gift of hope to a child in Togo. You bring the hope of Jesus Christ when you sponsor a child in Togo for just $43 a month through Compassion. The child you sponsor will receive:
- health care and supplemental nutrition
- protein-rich foods
- job-skills training that will benefit the local community
- mentoring — Compassion staff encourage children to reach their God-given potential
- spiritual training in a safe, Christian environment
Nothing makes a child happier than receiving mail from a friend. That's why as your child's only sponsor, you will have the opportunity to share your life, your hopes and your prayers through regular correspondence with your sponsored child! The relationship you build will be an added blessing to you both.
So please, take a few minutes to sponsor a child in Togo today. It will be a truly life-changing experience. Just click on the child you want to sponsor and request a child sponsorship packet!