Sponsor a Child in Rwanda
A Quick Glimpse at Rwanda
Rwanda is a small landlocked country in the Great Lakes region of east-central Africa and is the continent's most densely populated country. In April 1994, the world was shocked and saddened by the genocide of roughly 800,000 people in Rwanda, which also decimated its fragile economic base.
- An estimated 60 percent of the population lives below the poverty line.
- Almost 84 percent of the population exists on less than U.S.$2 a day.
- More than 8 percent of the rural population is affected by the pandemic of HIV and AIDS.
Sponsor a child in Rwanda — change a life!
You can offer the hope of Jesus Christ to a child in need in Rwanda for just $43 a month through Compassion. This small amount is life changing because your sponsored child will receive:
- critical health care
- clean water, food and nutritional supplements
- life and job-skills training
- recreation and education in a safe, church-based atmosphere
- and most important — opportunities to know Christ and grow in faith
You'll also have the opportunity to bless the child you sponsor through regular correspondence! Since you are that child's only sponsor, you can build a deep relationship through the letters you exchange.
A child in Rwanda is waiting just for you. Please consider sponsoring a child in Rwanda today. It's an experience that will change the life of the child you sponsor — and yours as well. So take the first step and click on the photo of the child you would like to sponsor. It's a decision you will not regret, nor soon forget.