Children's Charities — Compassion International
When selecting a charity for children, it is important to investigate several aspects of the charity. It is more than simply understanding where your money goes. You should be passionate about the cause and see that the charity is solving a problem.
Consider the following questions:
- How does the children’s charity rank in Charity Navigator? Is there financial accountability in the charity?
- Has the children’s charity been effective in remedying a problem that children face?
- What makes the charity unique from other charities that benefit children?
- Are there results?
Compassion International is one of the world’s top children’s charities and is unique among those organizations. Compassion’s ministry programs are frequently mentioned and highlighted by various media outlets, and watch dog organizations.
Compassion stands apart from other charities that help children, based on the following three distinctive elements:
- Church Based — This children’s charity works exclusively in partnership with thousands of local churches. The leaders live in their communities and know how to best meet the needs of the children.
- Child Focused — Compassion is focused on the individual child and his or her development.
- Christ Centered — Jesus Christ is the heart of this charity for children.
When you donate to Compassion International, you can be sure that your charitable donation will be used to help improve the quality of life for impoverished children around the world.