After finding Korean War orphans lifeless on the street after a cold night, Compassion International's founder Rev. Everett Swanson felt compelled to do something. Since then, with the help of God-loving men and woman like you, many of our world’s poorest children have been able to realize their full potential and develop into all God intend them to be.
Following the example of Rev. Swanson, we are dedicated to releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name. We are advocates for children, committed to Him in all that we do.
Jesus is the core of our ministry. His life and teachings shape our programs, reflect the spiritual commitments of our staff, and guide how we love people, respect communities and cooperate with nations. Through a holistic approach to child development, we carefully blend physical, social, economic and spiritual care together to help His children out of extreme poverty.
The sponsors who provide funds for this ministry allow us to work with the neediest and most vulnerable children — the poorest of the poor.
Our Child Sponsorship Program offers:
- Medical checkups and health care.
- Health and hygiene training.
- Ongoing Christian training through a local church.
- Educational assistance, including textbooks, school uniforms, post-secondary courses, tutoring, test and lab supplies and even literacy and financial training for caregivers.
- Key life skills training, mentoring and vocational programs.
- Nutritious food and supplements to protect against malnutrition.
- Recreational activities and support to development self-confidence and social skills.
- Protection from crime, violence and danger.
- Access to special services like surgeries and disaster relief.
With God’s blessing, we will continue working to release as many children as possible from poverty in Jesus’ name. Will you be a part of God's plan for a child's life? Will you sponsor a boy or girl today?