Sponsor a Child in Tanzania
Shortly after achieving independence from Britain in the early 1960s, Tanganyika and Zanzibar merged to form the nation of Tanzania in 1964. Today, nearly 85 percent of the country's poor live in rural areas and rely on agriculture as their main source of income.
- Tanzania has a very high unemployment rate of close to 67 percent.
- Diseases such as bacterial diarrhea, hepatitis A, typhoid fever, malaria and even plague are common.
- Nearly 60 percent of the population survives on less than U.S.$2 a day.
Sponsor a child in Tanzania today!
You can make a life-changing difference in the life of a child in Tanzania for only $43 a month. Along with opportunities to learn and play in a safe environment, your sponsored child will also receive:
- clean water, food and nutrition supplements
- health and dental care
- opportunities to learn life and job skills
- love, guidance, personal attention and guided recreation in a church-based program
- regular Bible training and encouragement through a local church committed to Christ
You play an important role in the life of the child you choose to sponsor. The letters and photos you send offering encouragement and love mean more to the child than you will ever truly know.
So please consider sponsoring a child in Tanzania right now. The life you change may be your own!
Simply click on any of the photos on this page to begin your own life-changing journey. A child in Tanzania is waiting for you to reach across the miles to lend a hand. With a simple click, you can begin the process.