In order to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience for you, Compassion has established the following visit guidelines. We thank you for taking the time to review the guidelines, and we look forward to assisting you with your visit!
- In accordance with our Commitment to Child Protection, Compassion requires a background check for all adult visitors (18 and older) who are meeting any beneficiary of a ministry program. This includes arrangements to meet any sponsored child or Leadership Development Program student; this also includes arrangements to visit a Compassion-assisted child development center or Child Survival Program. Each adult visitor will be responsible for payment of the $35 nonrefundable, non-tax-deductible fee, as well as submitting the information to our third-party vendor, ScreeningONE. Instructions for the background check will be provided upon registration for a visit.
- Compassion strongly recommends visitors complete a visit request at least eight weeks in advance of the visit date. Visits are limited to a single day, averaging two to six hours, and are arranged Monday through Friday during regular business hours. Please note that visit requests with less than eight weeks’ advance notice will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and approvals are limited.
- Compassion USA will contact the local field office of the country to which you are traveling in order to make the arrangements for your visit day. When your visit has been approved and the details are confirmed, Compassion USA will provide you with contact information for your in-country visit host.
- Visitors are responsible for all expenses incurred during the planning and execution of a visit. Compassion will notify visitors of any expenses that need to be paid prior to the visit and any expenses that need to be covered during the visit. Please review our Compassion Visit Expense Policy for more information.
- Visitors are responsible for making all international travel and accommodation arrangements at their own expense. Compassion will not be responsible for any activities other than the scheduled visit.
- Visitors should not seek or accept accommodations at the Compassion center or church partner, with the family of any sponsored child or student, at a staff.