Whether you want to visit a student center or meet your sponsored child, we will facilitate your visit by coordinating all the logistics and providing an in-country visit host.
We request a minimum of eight weeks advance notice to coordinate a visit. Visit requests with less than eight weeks advance notice will be considered on a case by case basis, and approvals are limited.
The typical custom visit can include:
- A visit at your child’s home
- A tour of your child’s development center
- A meal together
- A fun outing to a local attraction, such as a park or zoo
Our staff can recommend the best location and activities for your visit, taking your preferences into account.
Visiting a child development center is an ideal way to experience our work work first-hand.
- All child development center visit take place in a city where a Compassion country office is located. You will find a list of corresponding cities and countries in the request form.
- We will provide a trained guide for your visit.
Group visits can be for two sponsors traveling together to a large mission team. They include a day to meet your respective sponsored children.
A typical group visit can include:
- Bringing the sponsored children to the group’s location (such as hotel) or a Compassion child development center.
- Arranging an outing for all the sponsored children to gather at a fun local attraction, such as a park or zoo.
- Hosting a meal with your sponsored child.
Each group visit must have a designated contact person, who will be responsible for submitting the visit request and passing information to the other group members.