A great way to brighten your sponsored child’s day is to send a special gift with the next letter you write. Your gift will remind your child how much you care.
When you send a gift to your sponsored child, you send a blessing and an extra reminder of your love.
If you send a gift with your next letter, please remember to put your sponsor number and your sponsored child’s number on the items to make sure that your child receives your gift.
In order to facilitate our digital letter delivery process, please keep these guidelines in mind when sending a small gift with your letter.
- Small gifts and/or enclosures received without a personal letter cannot be sent along to your sponsored child.
- Your letter and any enclosures should be completely flat and made of paper.
- Letters and small, flat paper gift items should be no larger than 8.5” x 11".
- Total number of items (including stationery and your letter) should not exceed six sheets of paper.
- Items in excess of six sheets, will be donated to a children's charity in Colorado Springs. Items that cannot be donated will be discarded.
Here is what you can include with a letter to your sponsored child.
Only the following items will be physically delivered to your child, up to the maximum six sheets mentioned above.
- Stickers (flat, not puffy or foam)
- Musical greeting cards
The following flat paper items will be scanned and sent electronically with your letter. Your child will not receive the original items, and they will not be kept or returned.
- Greeting cards
- Coloring pages
- Paper crafts
Please remember we aren’t able to deliver these items:
- BAND-AIDS or other adhesive bandages
- Blank stationery
- Books and booklets
- Ceramics or glass
- Cloth items
- Construction paper
- Crocheted bookmarks
- Elastic hair bands
- Foam crafts
- Foreign currency
- Halloween items (inappropriate in many countries)
- Jewelry, including friendship or plastic bracelets
- Large items
- Perishable items
- Plastic items
- Plastic rulers
- Plastic mesh crafts woven with ribbon or yarn
- Small pieces of cloth
- Silly Bandz (fun shaped rubber bands)
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
By sending items on the approved list, you can help ensure that your child receives your special gift!
Your gift, along with your letter, will remind your child of God’s love — and your love too. Thanks for making an incredible difference as a sponsor!