With Custom Visits, Compassion will coordinate the logistics of your visit and provide a trained Compassion host to facilitate your time with your sponsored child. Sponsors are responsible for arranging all international travel details outside of the visit day. If you are not comfortable traveling on your own, we encourage you to consider joining one of Compassion’s Sponsor Tours instead.
When you are ready to arrange a visit submit a Request Form. Meeting your sponsored child in person is guaranteed to be a lasting memory, and we are excited to come alongside you on this wonderful journey!
Thank you so much for expressing an interest in visiting your sponsored child, Leadership Development Program student, a Compassion-assisted student center, or Child Survival Program. We would consider it a privilege to help coordinate a Custom Visit for you! (If you find you are unable to meet your sponsored child or LDP student personally, Compassion can also instruct you on preparing a gift package to either be mailed in-country or dropped off at our local field office.
Arranging Your Visit:
- To ensure a wonderful visit, Compassion coordinates all visits through our office in Colorado Springs, and a trained Compassion representative will host each visit.
- Compassion requests a minimum of 8 weeks’ advance notice prior to the date of your visit.
- Visits are conducted Monday through Friday, during regular business hours, and a standard visit is limited to a single day, averaging two to six hours.
- Our field office will make a recommendation on the best location and activities for the visit, taking into account any preferences you may have. The average Custom visit will last 2-6 hours, and may include a visit at your child’s home and Compassion project, a meal together, and a local attraction such as a park or zoo where you can get to know each other.
- Sponsors are responsible for arranging all international travel, and obtaining any necessary travel documents.
- Once you have some firm dates in mind for arriving in the country and information on a weekday date when you would be interested in visiting your child, please fill out a visit reservation form so that we can begin your visit process.
How it Works:
- When you complete a visit reservation form, a Visit Specialist will review your information and send you a personalized email with a link to register for your visit.
- Upon completion of your registration, you will receive an automated email with links to our background check and Release Form. Each adult visitor (18 and older) must complete a background check, and every visitor (both adult and minor) must sign a Visit Release Form.
- When everyone in your party has completed the necessary steps, your Visit Specialist will submit your request to our local field office and begin communicating with our field staff to arrange the logistics.
Cost and Expenses:
The field office will provide an estimate of any anticipated costs specific to your visit arrangements.
- When the information is received from the field office, your Visit Specialist will send you an email containing your detailed itinerary, an explanation of expenses due prior to your visit, and expenses that you will need to pay in-country during your visit.
- When you have paid the total expenses due prior to your visit, your Visit Specialist will send a final confirmation to you with contact information for your in-country host, as well as any other relevant contact details for the field office staff.