Naomi Cramer Overton is Compassion International’s USA Advocacy Director. Her personal and professional mission is to encourage people toward wholeness in Christ so His love may radically bless generations.
Naomi grew up near the US/Mexico border and would make regular trips with her parents to bring supplies to Tijuana orphanages. Today, Naomi is passionate about helping Christians—especially millennials—understand the global condition of children and families by providing practical acts of faith in the face of poverty.
“We are all God’s children,” says Naomi. “We can all get beyond ourselves and live influentially to help others, both at home and abroad.”
“When I first saw Compassion’s program implemented in the field in 2009, I instantly thought of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs,” Naomi says. “They did the whole thing, and I knew I wanted to be part of that strategy.”
Naomi joined Compassion in 2010 as Product Strategy Director for the Child Survival Program and Critical Interventions. In 2012, Naomi accepted her current role as USA Advocacy Director.
Prior to joining Compassion, Naomi served as President and CEO of MOPS International. She has also worked as an independent consultant in the areas of leadership and organizational management for companies including Apple, Hewlett-Packard and Ken Blanchard. She was a former news reporter with NBC network news in Sacramento and San Diego, and served as a delegate at the Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization in 2010.
- Stanford University – B.A. in Political Science with Communications emphasis
- Anderson School of Management at UCLA – MBA in Organizational Entrepreneurship and Marketing, Dean’s List
- Fuller Theological Seminary – Masters of Arts in Global Leadership, Doctorate in Missiology focusing on children at risk – completion slated for Summer 2017
- Board of Reference, United Evangelical Mission International, 2010-present
- Advisor, Free the Girls, since 2012
- Advisor, Search Institute, Creator of the 20 Developmental Assets, 2009-10
- Certified New Product Development Professional –Product Development Management Association
- Speaker and Writer - Marketing 2 Moms (general session), Christian Leadership Alliance national convention, Delahaye Symposium on Internet Marketing, FullFill and Connections leadership magazines, MomSense, The Mommy Diaries, Momology, Facebook fan and personal pages (1,000 following without effort quite yet), Twitter, Compassion chapel speaker
- Social Media Award – AMY award from American Marketing Association's (San Diego) award for electronic marketing. Launched MOPS' e-marketing, including Facebook and daily tweets
- President - Nominated and elected by 230 peers as business school’s President of the Marketing Association, which involved forging high profile recruiting relationships with corporations like Procter & Gamble
- President – Elected by peers as President of Stanford’s 90-resident freshman dorm, Rinconada
- Adventurer – Climbed The Grand Teton (raising funds with World Vision for HIV-AIDS), Mount Whitney and approximately 20 other peaks
Fluent in Spanish
Naomi is married to her college sweetheart, Frank. They have three children and a dog named Coco Loco. Together, they can all be found singing, playing instruments, writing songs or studying.