This year at Pink Impact we want to give you the opportunity to speak hope and truth to a baby and his/her mom (or caregiver) through our ministry partner, Compassion International.
When we heard that more than 2.5 million children under the age of 5 died last year due to preventable or treatable causes (approximately 45% due to nutrition-related factors), we knew we must do something to change this! Afterall, Pink exists to make an Impact in not only our sphere of influence, but around the world.
One incredible way we found to extend our impact is through sponsoring a Mom and Baby through Compassion. Through sponsorship, we get to play a vital role in helping the baby survive and thrive!
How does Compassion Sponsorship work to solve this problem? When you sponsor a mom and her baby for just $38 per month, your sponsorship provides both the woman and the baby (ages 0-4) with:
- Clean water, healthy food, and vitamins
- Access to medical assistance including prenatal care, skilled birth attendants, immunizations, regular health screenings and medical treatment as needed.
- Home visits, parenting workshops, and monthly growth monitoring.
- Infant cognitive support through a local church, trained and equipped to assist children in poverty.
- Spiritual formation and mentoring.
- Vocational training.
- Social-emotional support.
And, when you sponsor a baby through Compassion, you get to write to the mom or caregiver, speaking life, encouragement and hope to her soul. We all know or have heard that being a mom can be hard and lonely at times, let’s be a voice of encouragement and hope to these precious moms and their children.