"(Planned giving is) a way to help children during our lifetime and beyond—a continuing gift that will help children in the future." — Dorothy Samson, Legacy Donor
A Living Sponsorship Endowment of $12,000 provides for your child throughout their time in Compassion’s Child Development Program. The money is invested into an endowment fund that accrues interest annually and covers monthly sponsorship fees, annual birthday gifts and annual Christmas gifts for your child.
You receive a tax deduction for your contributions in the year they are received. Compassion will closely manage your endowment so you don’t need to worry about the future of your investment. Your Living Sponsorship allows a subsequent child sponsorship to continue in your name, to perpetuity.
For more details, download the PDF on Living Sponsorships.
Your Next Steps
- Download information on planned giving through Living Sponsorships
- Assess your current and long-term financial goals with our free personal estate planning tool.
- Contact the Gift Planning Department at (855) 315-5019 or [email protected] to discuss ways to become a Legacy Donor.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Compassion in your estate plans, use our legal name and Federal Tax ID.
Legal Name: Compassion International Inc.
Address: 12290 Voyager Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80921-3668
Federal Tax ID Number: 36-2423707
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.