Starting in December 2020, we began receiving notifications of the status of each center, and we are working to keep sponsors updated of changes. If you want to know the current status of your child’s center, please call 800-336-7676, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. MT, and one of our sponsor care representatives will be glad to look up that information for you.
If you do know your child’s center status and would like to know more about what that status means, please refer to the definitions below.
- Distance Only: Staff and volunteers are not able to go to children’s homes due to local restrictions and safety precautions. Therefore, all communications are being done through virtual means. Staff at many distance-only centers are using video lessons, broadcasting lessons on local radio stations, and making regular phone calls to identify family needs and ensure that each child and family feels known and loved. Staff are also delivering supplies, including food and hygiene items, as they are safely able.
- Home Visits Only: Staff and volunteers are able to visit children and their families in their homes. Many are delivering grocery packs and hygiene supplies as well as lesson packets. Their visits serve as a time of education and encouragement for the children.
- Meeting in Small Groups: Children have been able to gather at the Compassion partner church in small groups with a tutor, staff member or volunteer. In these small groups, they receive lessons and get valuable social time with their friends and the center staff. Staff members continue to identify needs of the families they serve and distribute food and hygiene supplies where appropriate.
- Normal Program Activities: The center has fully reopened and normal program activities have resumed. These centers have been deep cleaned and are implementing extra precautions — per local guidelines — such as social distancing and mask wearing to ensure children and staff stay safe and healthy.
- Unable to Report Status: At this time, your child’s center has not been able to report its status. This could be for a variety of reasons, including poor internet connection. Please know that even if your child’s center status is unavailable, your child is being checked on by workers from the center. Partner staff are identifying needs and ensuring that families have access to hygiene supplies and food.