"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
Compassion-sponsored children have access to education, medical care, nutritious food and knowledge of the love of Jesus. They have been so blessed that many of them pray for their sponsors every day.Yet the children need prayer, too.
The following are prayer requests from the Tanzania Country Office about the children, families, church partners and staff in Tanzania:
- Please pray for the children and families who were affected by the explosion that erupted in Dar es Salaam. Pray for the people who were evacuated to temporary shelters, that they may go back home soon.
- Please pray for wisdom to come upon parents living in desperate poverty. Pray they will still strive to encourage, protect and care for their children and pray they will look to God for help in the midst of their need.
- Please pray for the Child Survival Programs that have opened over the past two years. Pray that mothers are beginning to see and experience the benefit of this program. Pray they continue to commit to coming to the center to receive training on motherhood for the benefit of their babies.
- Please pray for the children and families stigmatized because of HIV or AIDS. May they experience the acceptance of the Lord through the child development workers and may they have a desire to live a full life.
- Please pray for the Compassion-assisted child development centers located in areas dominated by Islam. Pray that they will be protected by the Lord.