"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
Compassion-sponsored children have access to educational opportunities, medical care, nutritious food and knowledge of the love of God. The children have been so blessed that many of them pray for their sponsors every day. Yet the children need prayer, too.
The following are prayer requests from the India Country Office about the children, families, church partners and staff in India:
- Pray for God’s comfort and healing for one of Compassion’s eastern India board members, who suffers from colon cancer.
- Pray for Mrs. Das, a kitchen worker at one of our child development centers in India, who has started chemotherapy for stage 4 lymphoma.
- Pray for Tusi in eastern India, whose father recently passed away. Ask God to comfort Tusi and the entire family.
- Please pray for the Lord to prepare the three Leadership Development Program students who will graduate from the program in the upcoming months. May His favor rest on them as they walk forward in the plans He has laid out before them.
- Pray for the many Indian children being raised in single-parent homes. Pray for the guidance of mothers who are desperate to provide an education for their children.