"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
Compassion-sponsored children have access to education, medical care, nutritious food and knowledge of the love of Jesus. They have been so blessed that many of them pray for their sponsors every day. Yet the children need prayer, too.
The following are prayer requests from the Honduras Country Office about the children, families, church partners and staff in Honduras:
- Please pray for safety and protection for the children. There are several areas of the country that are unsafe and there is very little protection and security offered in these areas. Pray for God to surround them with His protection.
- Please pray for children who suffer child abuse or are mistreated. May the Lord comfort their hearts and minds, and surround them by wise people who will provide them support and love.
- Please pray for the children as they learn about Jesus at the Compassion-assisted center. Pray they come to saving knowledge of who Jesus is and that they commit their lives to Him.
- Please pray for the young boys of Honduras. May the Lord mature them into strong and wise men who desire to do the will of Jesus.
- Pray for children in Honduras who need additional care that their parents cannot give. Please pray their sponsors become a source of encouragement and support for them.