"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
Compassion-sponsored children have access to education, medical care, nutritious food and knowledge of the love of Jesus. They have been so blessed that many of them pray for their sponsors every day. Yet the children need prayer, too.
The following are prayer requests from the Haiti Country Office about the children, families, church partners and staff in Haiti:
- Please pray for the children and families affected by the recent cholera outbreak. Pray for an end to this outbreak and for the people to turn to the Lord for protection.
- Please pray for the country during the presidential and legislative election results. Pray for corruption to be brought to light and dealt with. Pray for leaders to rise up in Haiti who know the Lord and desire justice.
- Pray for the thousands of people who were displaced and are living in tent cities because of the Haiti earthquake in 2010. Pray for the Lord to provide relief and stability.
- Please pray for the reconstruction plan for the areas of Haiti that were devastated by the earthquake. Pray this plan will make great strides in meeting the needs of families and children this year.
- Please pray for resilience, courage and vision for Compassion Haiti's leadership, staff and the church partners.