Development through higher education and leadership training
There's nothing like seeing a young person emerge from poverty, go to college, and return home as a true leader. That's what Compassion's Leadership Development Program (LDP) does — it identifies young Compassion-assisted men and women who have shown potential to become Christian leaders who can, in turn, influence their own families, churches, communities and nations.
Through the provision of the Leadership Development Program, Christian young men and women will have the opportunity to get an undergraduate degree and develop and enhance Christian leadership skills and abilities, all while promoting and modeling world citizenship. To get into the program, each candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate strong evidence of Christian character and testify to God's leading in his or her life
- Contribute significantly in secondary school, church, Compassion development center and community
- Maintain outstanding academic performance, along with extracurricular activities
- Be endorsed and recommended by both school and church
- Contribute to school and community needs
- Graduate from secondary school
- Graduate from Compassion's sponsorship program
Meet Satish Kumar
Formerly sponsored child and Leadership Development Program graduate, Satish Kumar, talks about his childhood and what he has achieved with the help of his sponsors.
A Leadership Story
What happens when children complete our Child Sponsorship Program? Students can apply for our Leadership Development Program.
Meet Roseleah from Kenya. With her leadership training from Compassion, she is making a difference in her community.
Sponsor a student leader today!