Marthoma Child Survival Program (INDIA)
Medicine, education, and nutritious food are just a few things a pregnant mother hopes to have access to.
Sadly, mothers who live in poverty in East India do not have access to these critical needs.
Poverty has a stronghold on these mothers, holding them back from delivering and raising healthy babies.
This is where Compassion’s Child Survival Program (CSP) steps in.
The Marthoma Child Survival Program (CSP) is coming alongside mothers to aid and support them through pregnancy, delivery, and for the first few years of their babies’ life.
Mothers in this CSP are trained how to:
- provide a healthy and safe environment for their child.
- improve their self-esteem so that they can be confident in their ability to mother and feel comfortable interacting with other mothers.
- create activities for their baby which will promote closeness, growth and a loving environment.
These mothers also learn about Jesus and receive a Bible.
As for the physical needs of the baby, the CSP, steps in and provides:
- monthly supplies of food.
- training on nutritional planning.
- training on hygiene habits for the parents and for the baby.
- medical checkups for babies and their mothers.
These are the critical steps that are needed to break the cycle of poverty.
When you support this center you are not just sustaining the life of an infant, you are providing a chance for mothers and babies to thrive.