A sponsor visit is a very exciting event! Please keep in mind that your child may be a little overwhelmed or shy at the beginning of your visit. We’ve provided a few conversation starters for you, and having a fun activity to share can also be a great way to get to know each other.
Questions for your sponsored child(ren):
- Introduce yourself and your family, and ask about your child’s family.
- Do you like school?
- What classes do you have at school, and do you have a favorite?
- Who are your best friends?
- What sports do you like?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you have a favorite Bible verse?
- What is your favorite food?
- How do you feel about your sponsor coming to visit you?
- Do you like receiving letters and post cards from your sponsor?
A few activities to share:
- Bring pictures of your family, friends, and pets, and share them with your sponsored child.
- Bring copies of any pictures of your sponsored child, or copies of the letters you have received from him or her.
- Play together - soccer ball, Frisbee, and jump ropes are fun!
- Sing songs
- Draw pictures or do a craft together
- Teach your child a Bible story
- Bring some fingernail polish – most little girls will love to have their nails painted!