Come intern at Compassion to gain insight into one of the largest non-profits in the United States and be a part of the mission to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Our internship program provides students with the opportunity to gain professional experience in a variety of areas within Compassion ranging from church engagement, child advocacy, and field video editing to IT, human resources, graphic design, and finance.
We believe that calling can be lived out through career skills. Be a part of an internship program that fits both your passion and education!
We are looking for passionate college students who have just completed their junior or senior year (expected graduation dates of May 2015 through May 2016) from all concentrations.
The Compassion Internship program runs between late May – early August and kicks off with the opportunity to participate in a mission trip to gain insight into how Compassion works through the local church.
This is a full-time, paid internship ($10/hour, 40 hours/week) at Compassion International’s Global Ministry Center (GMC) located in adventurous Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Candidates must have a minimum of a cumulative 3.2 GPA to apply and be legally eligible for employment in the United States. Keep your eye out for detailed job descriptions and applications for the 2015 internship program in September 2014 on the Compassion “Employment Opportunities” web page.
Applicants are screened by Human Resources staff and selected based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to complete entire program (Mission Trip through the Leadership Summit)
- Faith statement
- Ability to answer the essay questions articulately
- Relevant experience and verbal communitcation skills
Top candidates are interviewed by phone by HR personnel and then forwarded to hiring managers for another phone interview. Hiring managers are looking for self-motivated individuals who can perform the job with creativity, ingenuity and energy. Candidates must have good organizational and communication skills and the maturity to follow through on all work projects. They must be teachable, able to multitask, and above all, be advocates for children in poverty.
Students can apply for as many positions in which they are qualified. Communication from Compassion’s HR Department to intern candidates is conducted through the email address provided on the application.
Applications for Summer 2015 will be available online in the Fall, September 2014.
- Housing: Housing is provided to interns by Compassion staff for a one-time fee of $600 to the host home. Hosts are screened by HR and both the hosts and interns sign a contract outlining expectations for each other. Interns are responsible for their own food and toiletries.
- Transportation: Interns must be able to provide their own transportation to Colorado Springs and are responsible for their own transportation needs while here.
- Mission Trip: The mission trip is optional but highly encouraged for interns to gain hands-on experience into the heart of Compassion. The trip will set the stage for their work behind the scenes at corporate headquarters back in Colorado Springs.
Students will raise their own support for the mission trip after they have been selected for the program. The cost of the trip is approximately $1900 with a non-refundable deposit of $300 due in February and the total payment due in mid-April.
All interns will report to the Global Ministry Center the week following their return from the mission trip, to begin their 40 hour work weeks in the program. Thank you for your interest in the Compassion International intern program!