Each of these Compassion church walls is designed to be interactive and personalized for your church. Here are some ideas to help you make your display dynamic, and to keep your own church's sponsors involved:
- Each wall comes with multiple sets of elements, so you can change posters, story cards and stat cards three times a year.
- Child packets need to be changed out every six weeks; make sure you have someone who is monitoring these and can order new packets.
- On the Map Wall, we encourage you to have Compassion sponsors write notes to attach to the wall. These notes can simply state where they sponsor a child, or can list prayer requests for their sponsored child/ children.
- On the Wood Panel wall, you can write different prompts for each month on the included dry-erase board. Prompt ideas include:
- "Tell us about your sponsored child" -- where sponsors can write the name and age of their sponsored child, where he or she lives, etc.
- "Pray for my sponsored child" -- where sponsors can write prayer requests for their sponsored children.
- "Did you know" -- you can write a fact about children in poverty and invite church members to participate in a dialogue.
- The Wood Panel Wall and Interactive Wall both have magnetic backings. You can use these to hang pictures of children sponsored by your church family and photos of sponsors meeting their sponsored children.
- Any of these walls can be personalized with information about your church, the children sponsored from your church, and information about poverty. These ideas are just a starting point for you as you make this display fit the culture of your congregation!