As I sit down to write to advocates this month I’m filled with excitement about ALL of the OPPORTUNITIES for you to engage with the ministry of Compassion right now. I couldn’t focus on just one, so this list is by no means exhaustive, but it’s a good start at determining how God is calling you to act on behalf of children in need today.
- Did you see my article last month on the need for sponsors for children who have been waiting more than a year for a sponsor? That need still exists and if you haven’t placed an order for a priority child packet to find a sponsor for, I encourage you to do it before you read any further.
- Compassion Sunday is just a couple of weeks away. I’d love to have more advocates sharing in churches than ever before, impacting more lives than any Compassion Sunday in the past. As I write this advocate participation is trending behind last year, but it’s NEVER TOO LATE to secure your opportunity and place your order at CompasssionSunday.com.
- Have you checked out the opportunity to take your Compassion Sunday online this year? Whether you’ve been able to schedule a live presentation in a church or not, everyone can create a my.CompassionSunday.com page and invite your friends, family, colleagues, and social media connections to check it out and join you as a sponsor!
- The demand for volunteers at concerts and events around the nation has never been greater. Did you know that you can log into My Account at compassion.com and click on the My Advocacy link to search for events in need of volunteers in your area (or any area you are traveling to)?
- Do you have students in your life that want to make a difference in the world? Introduce them to a world of opportunity to do just that at CreateCompassion.org.
“The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Luke 10:2 ESV