Grace for the New Year
As a new year dawns, it’s common for people to take time to reflect over the last year and to make plans for the year ahead. It’s a time when many set resolutions and, in the coming days, weeks, and months, many resolutions will be broken.
Read More >
Christmas Gift to Honor Compassion Advocates Makes Impact
Thank you to all of you who participated in our Christmas Gift Poll to select how you would like the $5000.00 gift to honor you as child advocates to be allocated. The gift has been distributed according to your selections and is making a difference in the lives of children in Compassion’s programs around the world:
- 50% of you selected “Care for Unsponsored Children” so $2,500.00 has been given to the Unsponsored Children’s Fund.
- 26% of you selected “Newborn Care Packages” so $1,300.00 has been given to support newborn infants in the Child Survival Program.
- 24% of you selected “Provide Emergency Shelter” so $1,200.00 has been given to the Disaster Relief Fund, much of which is likely to provide shelter for families impacted by the recent typhoon in the Philippines.
January Webinar: Bring a Friend!
This month’s webinar is especially for sponsors. This means you’re invited but only if you bring friends who are Compassion sponsors and who aren’t Advocates! On January 27th, Advocate Kim Hall will help sponsors learn how to develop a relationship with their child. Let’s help our sponsoring friends and family stay excited and purposeful about these precious kids. Space is limited so register today. More importantly, share the link with all the sponsors you know!
Compassion Sunday 2014
Compassion Sunday is May 4th and we’re almost ready to launch! We wanted to share the news with you in advance so that you can be in prayer for Advocates and sponsors alike as they begin to consider speaking up for children by hosting a Compassion Sunday event. Our prayer is that God will work in the lives of sponsors, Advocates, and their church families to participate in Compassion Sunday and release 15,000 children from poverty in Jesus’ name!
Please keep an eye on your mailbox because you will be receiving your planning guide near the end of January or in early February!
Four Experience Compassion Conferences Being Planned
Mark your calendars with these four Experience Compassion Conferences being planned for the first half of 2014:
Run for Compassion
How about participating in and spreading the word about these runs for Compassion? These 5k or 5k/10k races are Advocate-hosted, family-friendly events promoting awareness of Compassion’s diverse ministries to children: Sponsorship, CIVs (Water of Life), and CSP.
- Run for Compassion Treasure Coast (Stuart, FL) - January 18 - Register
- Run for Compassion South Florida (Ft Lauderdale, FL) - March 1 - Register
- Run for Compassion Celebrate Children (Mansfield, TX) - March 22 - Register
- Run for Compassion – Feeding Frenzy 5K (Kannapolis, NC) - April 5 - Register
- Run for Compassion Hickory 5K (Hickory, NC) - May 31 - Register
Change the Story: The Compassion Experience
Change The Story, Compassion’s immersive experience, may be coming to a city near you. Reserve your spot. Tell your family and friends to do the same!
Why Advocacy Coaching? Because…
- People will act on what you say 20% of the time.
- People will act on what they say 80% of the time.
February classes are up! You’re welcome to sign-up.
Contacting the Advocate Network
Besides working directly through Advocate Network regional and support staff, the Advocate Network is also available to you via email@example.com and (800) 336-7535 (7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mountain Time Monday through Friday).