If you’re rubbing your eyes and re-reading that title to see if you saw it wrong, no need to call an optometrist. You read it right. It may not be January, but we have begun a new fiscal year at Compassion, so I wanted to begin by wishing you a Happy New Year in your ministry as a Compassion child advocate.
Our last fiscal year came to a close on June 30, 2013, and it was a record-breaking year for volunteerism at Compassion. Just take a look at some of the kingdom impact God accomplished through your partnership in this ministry:
- Advocate Ministry Partners across the USA were instrumental in linking 11,172 children with their sponsors through your own personal ministries.
- In addition, your efforts acquired 174 new CSP donors and 16 new LDP sponsors.
- More than $32 million non-sponsorship dollars were raised in the last fiscal year through fundraising efforts that our Advocates were engaged in to support our key ministry programs and complementary interventions!
- Tens of thousands more children were sponsored at concerts, events, radio marathons, and the Mobile Experience tour.
- Advocates served 10,685 volunteer shifts at events and put in over 47,923 hours, saving Compassion labor costs in excess of $1 million! This is a 22% increase over the last fiscal year in volunteer hours served!
- 140 volunteers in our Global Ministry Center served over 10,809 hours in 14 different areas of service, saving Compassion labor costs in excess of $201,774.00! This represents a savings increase of more than 11% over the last fiscal year.
- Volunteers assembled every single Compassion Sunday Planning Kit that was used this year, assembled more than 20,000 bracelets used in the new Mobile Experience, led 325 Global Ministry Center building tours, and completed more than 1.5 million pieces of work!
It is truly humbling to be a part of such an amazing body of believers united in releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name. Will you join me in praising God for His continued faithfulness? On behalf of the entire Advocate Engagement team, please know how grateful we are to have the privilege of serving you as you give your time and your talent to this great mission.