Happy New Year!
If you’re rubbing your eyes and re-reading that title to see if you saw it wrong, no need to call an optometrist. You read it right. It may not be January, but we have begun a new fiscal year at Compassion, so I wanted to begin by wishing you a Happy New Year in your ministry as a Compassion child advocate. Read more
You won't want to miss this opportunity! Get equipped with the latest information about your ministry as a Compassion child advocate. Advocate Network staff will host this informative and encouraging session designed for all advocates. A recording of the webinar will be provided.
When: Tuesday, Aug. 27
7 p.m. Mountain Time (9 p.m. Eastern, 8 Central, 6 Pacific)
Reserve your August 27 Webinar seat.
Create Compassion Webinar Recording Available
Did you miss last month’s Create Compassion webinar hosted by Bobby Sanders? No worries, Create Compassion is about using your passion for a specific cause to inspire others towards a heart of Compassion by using their God-given talents and interests. Do you like running races, hosting parties, giving presentations, etc., and want the tools to help you make an impact for your specific cause? The recording of the webinar is available here.
Just like that our summer break from classes is coming to an end. A full offering of our classes will begin again on Sept. 3rd. You’ll be able to view Fall Classes on Aug. 15th on our class website found here.
Coaching is available through the summer. You can contact a coach via our website: compassion.com/coaching/
Volunteer Opportunity at MOPS Convention
Compassion has a unique opportunity to connect with young moms this October at the annual Moms of Preschoolers (MOPS) Convention, MomCon 2013, in Kansas City, MO.
We have created family-oriented resources to come alongside moms and dads as they help their children see the world through God's eyes. In addition to our ongoing resources such as Explorer Magazine and Quest for Compassion, we will provide a special mini Gift Catalog with a complimentary family activity guide. Would you like an opportunity to connect with these young moms and share all that Compassion has to offer their families? We are looking for volunteers to serve at our booth October 17-19, 2013. Please email Jill DeRaad if you are interested!
You will be able to access the advocate volunteer slots for the MOPS convention soon by doing an event search through My Account.
We Want to Share Your Story
We welcome the following submissions for Advocate Network communications:
- a picture of you recently meeting your sponsored child - tell us something NEW you learned by visiting the field
- a picture or story of you using a resource you ordered from the online resource order form
- a picture of you working a Compassion event and blurb about the experience
- a question "To the Director" (Advocate Engagement Director Greg Birgy)
- highlight a book, blog or event you found directly helpful to your advocacy
- a story - entire article submissions welcome
- a picture of you "in action" advocating (running a "Run for Compassion," sharing or fundraising for Compassion in any way)
- We welcome IDEAS for unique submissions
- What's happening on social media or in current news that you want to share with fellow Advocates (something that relates to Compassion advocacy)
- Did you know? Submit something you recently learned about Compassion or the opposite, something you have questions about
Submission includes your permission for the Advocate Network to edit and use information you provide for Compassion publications.
All submissions need descriptions of the people in photos, names, dates where applicable, and city/state.
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading, "Communication Submission."